About Me

My photo
I am a 21 year old Senior in college majoring in Biology/Zoology. I love just about anything to do with nature, and I also love to read. If you want to know more about me, you'll just have to talk to me. Also, I'm taken, so no hitting on me.

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Geist's Letter

This was just something I wrote for my boyfriend's DnD game. There's really too much to explain to understand it, and for that I apologize. I hope you enjoy it either way

 The moon shone full in the night sky, bathing the area in its soft light. A lone figure sat illuminated on a stone wall surrounding a cottage. Blonde hair rippled down the back of a young woman, her slender form trembling. Tears rolled down her face, dripping silently on the parchment she held in her shaking hands. Try as she might, she was unable to disbelieve the words she had read and re-read. It was not a trick: the handwriting was unmistakably his.

My dearest Sofia,

By the time my letter reaches you, I will no longer be of this world.
Not in the way you have known me. I go to my fate, both willingly and reluctantly. Never could I bear the thought of leaving my true love. Alas, there are powers at work
that I have not the strength or ability to defy. So I must accept the burden that has been
placed on me, freely giving my life in place of another. Perhaps in doing so, I may
succeed in cleansing my soul of some of the sins I committed at the hands of The Agency. Forgive me, Sofia, for though I wish there was another way, it is not for me to decide.
I pray I will once again look upon your lovely face in the future, but do not pine for me.
My heart would break if you were to live your life alone. Find another who will love you
as I have loved you, and will continue to love you until the end of my existence. Be strong,
dear heart, and live your life well, and know I will always be with you. This is my last
request.

All my love,

Geist Espirit

Sofia shook her head in grief. How could she ever love another? Geist had been her soul mate; her other half. His hazel eyes lost their haunted look when they were together, and his voice took on a tenderness she never heard him use with anyone else. Love settled in her heart the day he stumbled upon her home, wounded and half-starved.

“No,” she whispered to the quiet night. Sofia lifted her face to the moon, fresh tears shimmering in her gray-blue eyes. “I will keep living for you, dear Geist.” Closing her eyes to the light, she took a quivering breath. “But I cannot do what you ask. Never again will another hold my heart.”

“Forgive me,” Sofia sobbed, the last words to leave her lips before the pain overwhelmed her. With her face buried in her hands, she never noticed the figure standing on the edge of the forest, watching her every move. It took a hesitant step forward when Sofia began to cry, but apparently thought better of it. Red hair flashed in the moonlight as the figure turned and fled, disappearing without a sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment