About Me

My photo
I am a 21 year old Senior in college majoring in Biology/Zoology. I love just about anything to do with nature, and I also love to read. If you want to know more about me, you'll just have to talk to me. Also, I'm taken, so no hitting on me.

Friday, August 27, 2010

Hope Poem

There are times in our lives when hope is merely a memory.
When peace and comfort seem completely out of you grasp..
When getting out of bed and through the day is a difficult task.
When you can't even remember the last time you felt truly happy

There are times where we are so far in the darkness, we no longer remember light.
Sometimes, we can see no way out of the long tunnel we have traveled down.
Sometimes, there is no salvation from our pain and sorrow to be found.
And sometimes, we seem to be wandering aimlessly in a never-ending night.

These are times every person on this earth will go through.
Things that we fear we will never be able to get past.
Things that we believe will never end and are always going to last.
Things that we think will break our hearts in two.

I myself have been trapped in a despair that never shrunk, only grew.
But I've found the courage to overcome that perpetual murk.
And I've found the strength to dispel the misery and hurt.
Now I've found a way to share a ray of hope with you.

Take a moment of your time to appreciate the little things.
Enjoy the simple pleasure of the sun's rays on your face.
Experience the simple solace of a quiet, shady place.
Simply relax and listen quietly as the mockingbird sings.

Stand outside and let the clear night sky fill your heart with wonder.
Stand by the sea and let the waves wash over your toes.
Stand by a garden and let the flowery aroma fill your nose.
Stand in the rain and listen to the rolling thunder.

Most of all, think about the one you've given all your love.
Think of their love for you shining from their eyes.
Think of the lingering kisses before your goodbyes.
And think of the way they seem like a gift from above.

When you're hope has run dry, their love can end the drought.
When you're filled with pain, their love can ease your heart.
When you're lost in despair, their love can light the dark.
When you're drowning in sorrow, their love pull you out.

There will always be remedy for the pain.
A ray of hope that shines through the clouds.
I will always help you free that smile from misery's shrouds.
And if all the world goes dark, my love for you will always remain.

Hope, it's just everywhere. There isn’t a single day that one can live without facing hope. But only when you begin to distrust it, will hope abandon you. The second you doubt it’s ability to have faith in you, is that you don’t have faith in yourself.”~ Annonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment